FRANKLIN, ACT – Sold by Capital Defence Homes – August 2018
$580 per week
4 + 3 years
(Approx) 497 m²
(Approx) 219 m²
A rare opportunity to secure a large three-bedroom quality-built home in sought after Franklin with all the benefits of a Defence Housing Australia (DHA) lease. Whether you’re looking to secure your new home today and move in later or you’re looking for a highly regarded property investment vehicle, this property makes a strong case.
Set on a large flat block in a picturesque tree lined street, this single-level, three-bedroom home has been designed with families in mind.
A formal entry welcomes you into the home and opens into a comfortable formal lounge/dining room.
The second living space, a spacious, north facing family/meals area is an open plan design and ideally located adjacent to the kitchen.
The kitchen has been beautifully finished in modern neutral tones and features a Westinghouse gas cooktop, oven with separate grill, island bench and two door pantry.
The master suite is a generous size and features a walk-in wardrobe plus a spacious and contemporary ensuite bathroom.
There are two large additional bedrooms which feature built-in wardrobes. Sitting between bedrooms two and three, the large main bathroom features a bathtub and separate toilet.
Ducted gas heating and evaporative cooling means that everyone stays comfortable, even in Canberra’s extreme temperatures.
The yard is fully fenced and features a covered alfresco area adjacent the meals/dining room. Being low maintenance means that weekends can be spent enjoying all that Canberra has to offer.
Secure double garaging for two cars with power door opener and internal access completes the picture for this well-equipped family home.
Note: Internal photos are indicative only.
THE DHA LEASE
The property is being sold subject to an existing Defence Housing Australia (DHA) lease, mid-lease:
- Lease until August 2022
- DHA has right of a 3 year option to extend and 12 month variation
- $580.00 pw rent – reviewed annually
- Rent guarantees
- Day to day property management
- Maintenance and repairs service
- Make good at the end of lease (which may include re-painting and replacement of carpet)
Often referred to as the ‘hassle free’ property investment, choosing a DHA leased property is a tried, tested and proven way to invest.
Learn more about investing with DHA lease advantages here > http://www.capitaldefencehomes.com.au/why-a-defence-home/
Centrality, amenity and abundance of parks and open space have established Franklin as one of the most sought after suburbs in the Gungahlin region.
The Franklin Recreation Park and Franklin Pond/Christina Stead Pond with their the adjacent walkways are two local favorites.
The nearby shopping facilities include a Woolworths supermarket (5-minute walk), restaurants, cafes and specialty shops. Franklin Early Childhood School is a short 9-minute walk away.
Franklin is situated close (3km) to the Gungahlin CBD; home to a variety of shops, restaurants, cafes, medical facilities, library, schools and soon to be constructed light rail station for easy access to Civic.
The property’s address is available upon request and an inspection can be arranged by appointment. Contact us today.
- Large three-bedroom Blackett built home on flat 497m2 (approx.) block
- DHA lease to August 2022 plus 3 year option
- Generous separate living spaces
- Master suite with ensuite & walk in robe
- Secure double garage with power door
- Ducted heating & cooling systems
- Quiet tree lined street with quality homes surrounding
- Surrounded by parks and walkways, 500m walk to Woolworths & light rail line, 650m to Franklin Primary School
- DHA ‘Property Care’ service fee 16.5% (Learn more about the fee DHA vs Real Estate Agent here > http://www.capitaldefencehomes.com.au/why-a-defence-home/management-fee/)
- Rates $533.36 per quarter (Approx.)
- Water rates $160.35 per quarter (Approx.)
- Land tax $731.24 per quarter (Approx.)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the information provided is accurate. Capital Defence Homes and the vendor cannot warrant the accuracy on the information provided and will not accept any liability for loss or damage for any errors or misstatements in the information. All purchasers should rely on their own independent enquiries.